Thursday, September 17, 2015

Waiting for the Flood by Alexis Hall



I received this book as an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.

I'm not quite sure why I waited this long to read this. Most likely because I forgot I had it, but that was my mistake. I really liked this story. The writing was beautiful, and almost poetic in spots, and I loved that. It really helped set the mood. I found the characters to be engaging, and real. I liked seeing both men grow closer together, and I appreciated how open they were with each other. I really liked Edwin, and his insecurities. I liked his thought process, and I was fascinated with his work. I found the descriptions of the process to be very soothing.



I liked the secondary cast very much. They added quite a bit to such a short story, and I appreciated that the story was about more than Edwin meeting someone, and falling in love. I found the resolution to be nicely done, and it fit the tone of the story very well. Overall a very well developed novella.
description
 
mle

1 comment:

  1. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place..
    Parafoil flood barrier systems

    ReplyDelete