Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Cherry Bomb by Samantha Kane

I was really looking forward to this book, but I just couldn't get into it. I tried, because I wanted to like it, I did, but there was something about Brian that rubbed me the wrong way.

What I loved about Cherry Pie was the earthiness of the story, the feels that left you raw, and emotionally connected to the characters.

Cherry Bomb not so much.

My break point was when, in less than 24 hours after meeting, the two main characters jump into bed together. It felt forced to me, this nice small town minister jumping into bed with a playboy billionaire for meaningless smexy times.

Maybe I was more bitchy cause I was coming down with the flu. Maybe it was I was thinking contemporary and got new adult. Who knows, maybe I will try to read it again when the summer sun is back, and my vitamin d levels are topped off.

 Thank you Netgalley for letting me read this book in trade for an honest review.

Rating: ⋆

- E

No comments:

Post a Comment