Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Secret by Brigid Kemmerer

I received this book as an ARC through Net Galley in exchange for honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. It was nice seeing that Nick and Adam's relationship was given the same consideration that his brothers and Quinn's relationship received. Seeing them so obviously enamored with each other, and how well they supported and encouraged each other was wonderful. They really were just too adorable. I wasn't as enamored with Quinn's story, and wish they book had focused more on Nick and Adam. I did appreciate that her difficult relationship with her mother was more deeply explored, and I got a much better understanding for how much pain she was in. I did like her budding relationship, but it felt like it took away a bit from Nick and Steve's story, and I wish this had been more of a side short story than a part of this book.

I liked how characters in this story aren't static, and people have the ability to grow, and change, and that characters needed to learn about each other, so they could understand each other. It's a refreshing change from so many young adult novels, heck even adult novels, with cardboard villains, and heroes.

I think my favorite character in these novels continues to be Michael. I love how well he does taking care of his brothers at such a young age, and I will be very excited to read his book. Another fun, well written, and developed book in what is fast becoming one of my new favorite series.

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment