Thursday, May 21, 2015

Black Science, Vol.1: How to Fall Forever by Rick Remender, Matteo Scalera (Artist), Dean White (Colorist)

Dark, and strange story about imperfect people trying to do their best despite the odds. Grant McKay is not a good person, but, at the same time, he isn't a cartoon villain. He makes mistakes, so many mistakes, but he doesn't really blame anybody else for them either. The plot is fast paced, and interesting, and I liked that I felt dropped in the middle, and gradually had the situation explained to me. It saved a lot of information dumping, or awkward exposition. The twists were nicely done, and I'm still not sure what's coming next. The art style isn't my favorite, but I cared enough about the characters, and the story to keep going. Can't wait to read more.

PS - I did love this #1 Hastings Variant by Greg Tocchini.

description

No comments:

Post a Comment