Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Shadow Revolution by Clay, and Susan Griffith

I received this book from Netgalley in trade for an honest review.

The farther I got into this the more, and more I kept thinking of Full Metal Alchemist.

description

Which is cool, cause I love FMA! The first anime, when you get to that scene...if you have seen it you know the one...I balled my eyes out. This book has homunculus, alchemy, gadgets galore, a guy that can start fires with his hands, a woman who loves guns...

description

...so yeah FMA!

Anyways this book started off rough, but once you get past the forced beginning it smooths out pretty quickly. The storyline is interesting, and the characters are realistically flawed, but smart.

I really enjoyed Simon, Kate, and Penny. I am hoping in book two Penny and Simon get some face time together, cause I think their banter would be epic.

So if you are looking for a book with a lot of action packed werewolf fights, and creepy insane asylum dungeon crawls you have found the right book!

Now off to read book two, and hope that Netgalley loves me enough to give me book three!

description

Rating: ⋆⋆⋆
E

No comments:

Post a Comment