Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Necromancer (Johannes Cabal #1) by Jonathan L. Howard

I really liked this book. The writing is dense, but darkly smart and clever. The characters are well drawn, and complex, and I love how the author used the language they used to help define them. I also loved the difficult relationship between Johannes and Horst. The secondary cast was interesting, and added a lot to the story. I appreciated their insight into the story, and the characters. Having views other than Johannes' helped me to understand Johannes, and how he is perceived. The plot was nicely convoluted, and well drawn. It drew me in, and I found myself ordering the next book before I finished this one. Here's hoping it arrives with the library loans today.

description
picture credit to cdranger at Deviantart

mle

No comments:

Post a Comment