Friday, November 13, 2015

The Inn Between by Marina Cohen

I received this book as an ARC though NetGalley in exchanger for an honest review.

I requested this book thinking that this was just the kind of book I would have loved to have read when I was younger. The mystery appealed to me, and I started reading it as soon as I was able to. I actually got to spend a beautiful November lunch reading this at a picnic table outside my local library reading this book. It was perfect, but I digress.

I really liked this book. Even though I was able, as an adult, to figure out where things were going pretty quickly I found that I didn't really care. I was able to let go, and enjoy the ride. The mysterious inn, the varied cast of characters, and I really enjoyed Quinn and Kara's friendship. The story did a good job raising larger issues of guilt, fear, family, and responsibility without feeling like a morality tale or an afterschool special. The plot was fast paced, and the writing style descriptive an engaging. Once I picked it up I had a hard time putting it down. The ending was well done, and I appreciated the touch of ambiguity. Nothing too open ended, but enough that I was still wondering a bit. A truly memorable, and atmospheric tale. One that I think will work for older readers as well as younger ones.

description

mle

No comments:

Post a Comment