Monday, November 16, 2015

The Werewolf of Grey Lake Inn by Megan Derr

I received this book as an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

I liked this story. The paranormal aspects were interesting, and well developed. I was surprised by how much I liked Astor. I'm not usually a huge fan of vampires, but I appreciated how his prickly nature seemed to hide a pretty caring heart, and how he wasn't the typically controlling jerk. The werewolf biology was interesting, and I liked how the gender politics seemed better balanced than in a lot of stories. I did end up wishing for more of a ghost story, but I can appreciate how that played out in a different way. I did still have some questions left unanswered, and some things felt resolved in an unsatisfying way, but a good story overall.

mle

No comments:

Post a Comment