Friday, April 24, 2015

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

I really was hoping this was going to be a wonderful read. Alas it didn’t live up to the cover, or the blurb.
I hear people saying it’s like Tangled, and it does have a slight Rapunzel feel. If only it had the romance, the Dragon is no Flynn Ryder.

Nope.

description

Not even close.

They also say that it has a Beauty and the Beast feel, but again nowhere near the chemistry as Belle, and her Beast.

description

They also say it’s a bit like Frozen, and yeah the friendship between Agnieszka and Kasia is pretty awesome, but it just wasn’t enough to erase the squicked out feeling I got from Agnieszka and the Dragon hooking up together.
You see the Dragon is over 500 years old and Agnieszka is seventeen. That is not romantic to me, and the sex scene, thank the SMFPU it was a boot scene, made my skin crawl.
There is also some Baba Yaga lore tossed in, but without a house of with chicken feet I felt cheated!

description

All in all there were some neat concepts with the forest, and the creatures within, but on a whole it just didn’t do it for me.

Rating: ⋆⋆

- E

Thank you Netgalley for letting me read this book in trade for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment