Friday, January 2, 2015

Nothing Like Paris by Amy Jo Cousins


I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

I didn’t find this installment of the bend or break series nearly as enjoyable as the first one; it was mostly a miss for me.  I found myself skimming past the sex scenes, because I was only interested in the drama. I just couldn’t get myself to fully forgive Jack, even after finding out all the gory details about his life.
The story annoyed me a few times when it mirrored book one just a little too closely for my taste. There is a scene in Off Campus where Tom breaks his cell phone in a fit of rage, and in this one Miguel breaks his credit card machine when he gets pissed off at Jack. By itself it I would have been okay with it, but I just had too many déjà vu moments.  Also what is with the calling people kid Jack, dude he is like three years younger than you. I understood Tom doing it to Reese as a coping mechanism in book one, but enough already. You come across as a condescending prick….oh wait you are a condescending prick.
Maybe if I read this book first I could have liked Jack more, so if you have issues with forgiving bullies I recommend doing so.
 Rating: ⋆⋆
- E

No comments:

Post a Comment