Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Dark Side of the Road by Simon R Green

I don’t know why I asked for this book. I mean I haven’t liked a Simon Green book since the nineties. I keep trying, maybe it’s the magic of Paris that keeps me coming back for more. I mean I tried three times to read Ghost of a Chance, but I just couldn’t get into it.
The Dark Side of the Road just sounded so interesting. Maybe like a paranormal ending to Clue, it made me curious.

The book started off pretty good, but the farther in I got the more “surprises” I got that just kept on bringing the rating down.

1. Aliens: I didn’t know this was going to be sci fi.
2. The Romance: No chemistry…none. It was just really awkward.
3. The Mystery: Really? You are really going with that?
4. The Killer: see above
5. The Aftermath: A lot of eyerolls. Lots.

So I think I have learned my lesson. Green and I just need to part ways…but we will always have Paris.

I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment